10 May Changes to the CPCU 540 3rd Edition Textbook
The Institutes has updated their CPCU 540 textbook and will be testing students over the new content for exams starting on July 15, 2018. Below you will find a summary of the differences between the old textbook (2nd edition) and the new textbook (3rd edition).
- Chapter 3 – Learning Objective 4 from the old textbook has been split into two Learning Objectives in the new textbook. The information is still the same, but Learning Objective 4 is now “Financial Ratios: Efficiency and Probability” and Learning Objective 5 is “Financial Ratios: Liquidity and Leverage.”
- Chapter 7 from the old textbook has been split into two new chapters.
- The new Chapter 7 contains Learning Objective 1 from the old book plus three new Learning Objectives titled “Financial Intermediation,” “Financial Institution Risks,” and “Fintech and Insurtech.”
- The new Chapter 8 contains all the remaining Learning Objectives from the old Chapter 7 plus one new learning objective titled “Derivatives.”
- Chapter 10 from the old textbook is now Chapter 11 with one new Learning Objective titled “The NAIC Risk Management and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment.”
- Chapter 12 from the old textbook (“The Underwriting Cycle”) has been completely removed.
If you are taking your exam before June 15, 2018 then you will be prepared with our current study materials that were last updated in January 2018. If you will be testing after July 15, 2018 be sure that you wait to order your study materials until after we complete the next update in June 2018. If you will be testing after June 15, 2018 and already have our study materials that cover the 2nd edition textbook, send us an email at email@example.com.