09 Jun Changes to the CPCU 500 3rd edition textbook
The Institutes has updated their CPCU 500 textbook and will be testing students over the new content for exams starting on July 15, 2018. Below you will find a summary of the differences between the old textbook (2nd edition) and the new textbook (3rd edition).
- Chapter 1 is mostly the same as in the old textbook with the exception of Learning Objective 4 which is new and now titled “The Changing Risk Management Environment.”
- Chapter 2 in the new textbook is titled “Identifying Loss Exposures” and is completely new.
- The old Chapter 2 is the new Chapter 3.
- The old Chapter 3 is the new Chapter 4 and has been modified. The old Learning Objective 1 as been split into two new learning objectives, and a new learning objective titled “How Smart Products Apply to Risk Management” has been added.
- The first three learning objectives from the old Chapter 4 are in the new Chapter 5 along with 9 new learning objectives covering the use of different risk financing techniques.
- The old Chapter 8 is the new Chapter 6.
- The old Chapter 6 is the new Chapter 7 with the addition of one learning objective titled “Ideally Insurable Loss Exposures.”
- The old Chapter 7 is the new Chapter 8.
- ***The old Chapter 5 has been completely removed from the new textbook.
***August 20, 2018 We have completed the update to the CPCU 500 study materials. If you have our study materials that cover the 2nd edition textbook and need the 3rd edition study materials, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPCU® and AICTM are trademarks of the American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters, d/b/a The Institutes. BigDaddy U is not affiliated or associated with The Institutes in any way, and The Institutes do not endorse, approve, support, or otherwise recognize BigDaddy U or its products or services.