28 Jan Changes to the CPCU 530 2nd Edition Textbook
The Institutes has updated their CPCU 530 textbook and began testing students over the new content for exams starting on January 15, 2020. Below you will find a summary of the differences between the old textbook (1st edition) and the new textbook (2nd edition).
- Chapter 1 is the same
- Chapter 2 was split into two – it is now Chapters 2 & 3
- Chapter 3 is now Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 is now Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 has one new Learning Objective – “Performance and Breach of Sales Contracts”
- Chapter 5 is now Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 was split into two – it is now Chapters 7 & 8
- Chapter 8 has one new Learning Objective – “Data Privacy and Cyber Regulation,” plus the addition of the old Module 10 Learning Objective 5 – “U.S. Laws Affecting International Business”
- Chapter 7 is now Chapter 9
- Chapter 8 is now Chapter 10
- Chapter 9 was split into two – it is now Chapters 11 & 12
- Chapter 10 was mostly removed (except for Learning Objective 5, which is in the new Chapter 8)
We believe our existing study materials based off the 1st edition textbook are still sufficient for passing the new exam. We are working on updating our CPCU 530 study materials now and expect to have the updated materials ready in March 2020. We will notate here and on the course page when the new study materials are completed and ready to order.
CPCU® and AICTM are trademarks of the American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters, d/b/a The Institutes. BigDaddy U is not affiliated or associated with The Institutes in any way, and The Institutes do not endorse, approve, support, or otherwise recognize BigDaddy U or its products or services.