19 Jul Changes to the CPCU 500, 520, 530, and 540 online courses.
The Institutes has released new course materials for exams starting in the October – December 2020 testing window. A summary of those changes and how they affect the existing BigDaddy U study materials is listed below.
- CPCU 500 has been completely changed. The existing BDU study materials that were last updated in 2018 for the 3rd edition textbook cannot be used to prepare for exams taken after September 15, 2020. We plan on releasing updated CPCU 500 study materials in October.
- CPCU 520 has changed very little from the material covered in the 3rd edition textbook. Our existing BDU study materials should prepare you well for the new 520 exam. We will be updating our study materials to reflect the minor changes, but until then you can ignore Module 2 – Learning Objective 8 and Module 9 – Learning Objective 3, which have been removed from the new course material.
- CPCU 530 is almost identical to the 2nd edition textbook that was released in 2019. Our existing BDU study materials should prepare you well for the new 530 exam.
- CPCU 540 has changed quite a bit, but the changes are almost exclusively removal of old material. Our existing BDU study materials should prepare you well for the new 540 exam, but please make note of the following sections which have been removed:
- Module 1 – Learning Objective 1
- Module 2 – Learning Objective 1
- Module 3 – Learning Objective 1
- Module 5 – Learning Objective 1
- Module 6 – Learning Objectives 5, 6, 7, & 8
- Module 8 – Learning Objectives 3, 7, 8, & 9
- Module 10 – Learning Objective 1
- Module 11 – Learning Objective 1, 3, & 4
- Module 12 (removed completely)
We plan on releasing updated 540 study materials in late 2020, but until the new material is ready, the existing study materials can be used with the listed sections omitted.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.